Monday, December 8, 2014

Spark Map and Tune

Spark Map and Tune

Basically you want to tune spark on a dyno, and give someone that it is not his first time tuning spark to tune it for you...

How to look on a spark map:


Spark can be dangerous  to your engine, if knock knock on your door your engine could go byebye.
Because of that, if you're a beginner at tuning, I suggest you give the spark tuning to someone experienced - on a dyno.

I understand that my high rpm/kpa cells can use less deg, but this is knock free dyno tested (200whp)

Next:
- TPSdot Uses %WOT
- Getting ready for dyno
- MLV - MegaLogViewer
- TS - TunerStudio dashboards

12 comments:

  1. Are you still writing this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, from time to time, any thing specific you would like to see ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this the actual spark you are using

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, no, it is too advanced for my fuel, I'm about 3deg retard on it @ boost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the content dude. Just found this site and think this is the best instruction for the ms that ive seen thus far. Even better than the manufacturer site even....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    I love your blog.

    Is this an 1.6 or 1.8 engine? nonVVT or VVT?

    I have a 1.8 2000 NB with Turbo (stock rods) and I think my spark map is a little bit conservative.

    If the engine is same (compression) what do you think, could I try your spark map? :)

    Regards, George

    ReplyDelete
  7. send me your spark map
    elior77@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.

    Thank you so much for this blog! You've helped me a lot with getting my 2000 NB running.

    My NB is currently N/A and fairly stock. I was wondering if you had(or knew where to find) a spark map to get started with. I know it will eventually need to be perfected on a dyno, but if there is a good starting map, that would be great!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, hopefully you may see this,

    I got my car dyno tuned using a PnP megasquirt, I went to change the timing belt yesterday and the lower crank pulley was off by a tooth (i have a picture) my question is now that I have set the timing with the belt correctly is the igntion table going to be way off?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send me the ouc elior77@gmail.com
    Anyway you should check base timing and set it right and offset the ignition table the same amount.

    ReplyDelete